Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 19: Grace. Love. Communion.

11 “Finally, brothers and sisters, farewell. Put things in order, listen to my appeal, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. 12 Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the saints greet you. 13 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with all of you." 2 Corinthians 13:11-13

An excerpt from Pastor Ron’s sermon: “For it is in grace, love and communion that we experience God. It is as we celebrate on this day honoring fathers and those who give fatherly care, the gift of parenthood. As I think about my late father and as I think about how I’ve been a father I want to give special encouragement to fathers here today - biological fathers and spiritual fathers.

I pray that you, that we, might reflect the Father’s love that was so grand and wondrous that he sent Jesus the Son to die on the cross. I hope and pray that we might be AAA adults. As I think about children this day I pray that you know God loves you and is so glad when you laugh, sing and dance. You are grace! As I think about the women gathered here, I am in awe and full of gratitude for the communion that you make and take into the various roles which you serve. It is all about grace, love and communion.” Click here to view and/or listen to the entire sermon.

Day 19. Dollar 19. Pound 19. Let us soak in the love and grace of the Father as we strive to put things in order for those who are hungry, agree with one another that hunger must end, and live in peace with one another as we find ways to feed others. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment