Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 13: Holy Spirit, Truth Divine


~ Holy Spirit, Truth Divine ~

(Evangelical Lutheran Worship Hymn #398)

Music: Orlando Gibbons (organist of Westminster Abbey in 1623)

Text: Samuel Longfellow (the brother of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)

To listen to today's hymn, click HERE.


Holy Spirit, Truth divine, dawn upon this soul of mine;

Breath of God and inward light, wake my spirit, clear my sight.


Holy Spirit, Love divine, glow within this heart of mine;

Kindle every high desire; purge me with your holy fire.


Holy Spirit, Power divine, fortify this will of mine;

By your will I strongly live, bravely bear, and nobly strive.


Holy Spirit, Peace divine, still this restless heart of mine;

Speak to calm this tossing sea, stayed in your tranquility.


Holy Spirit, Right divine, King within my conscience reign;

Be my guide, and I shall be firmly bound, forever free.


Day 13. Dollar 13.
May the Spirit of truth and love, power and peace guide us along these Avenues of Hope. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment