Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 41: Getting to Know You

We turn to the secular world for just a moment today, celebrating what would have been the 91st birthday of Yul Brynner, known for his famous film roles as Ramses in The Ten Commandments and the King of Siam in The King and I.

The reality (and blessing) of creating a blog that's intended to inform OTHERS is that the blog itself, the community of readers, and the real people behind the hunger relief efforts actually start informing US. We're the ones who walk away changed, blessed, and touched forever.


The lyrics really say it all: "That if you become a teacher, by your pupils you'll be taught!"


Getting to Know You

Words/Music: Rodgers and Hammerstein

Listen/view here


It's a very ancient saying,
But a true and honest thought,
That if you become a teacher,
By your pupils you'll be taught.

As a teacher I've been learning --

You'll forgive me if I boast --
And I've now become an expert,
On the subject I like most: Getting to know you!


Getting to know you,
Getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you,
Getting to hope you like me.

Getting to know you,
Putting it my way, but nicely,
You are precisely,
My cup of tea.

Getting to know you,
Getting to feel free and easy
When I am with you,
Getting to know what to say

Haven't you noticed
Suddenly I'm bright and breezy?
Because of all the beautiful and new
Things I'm learning about you…day by day!


Day 41. Dollar 41. Pound 41. Thank you for getting to know the facts about hunger, how food helps people thrive, and how we can discover amazing avenues of hope by learning together!

No comments:

Post a Comment