Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 83: Playing for Change

Playing for Change is a multimedia movement created to inspire, connect, and bring peace to the world through music. The idea for this project arose from a common belief that music has the power to break down boundaries and overcome distances between people.

No matter whether people come from different geographic, political, economic, spiritual or ideological backgrounds, music has the universal power to transcend and unite us as one human race. And with this truth firmly fixed in our minds, we set out to share it with the world. http://playingforchange.com/

Stand By Me
Written by: Ben King, Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller
"This song says mo matter who you are, no matter where you go in your life,
At some point, you're going to need somebody to stand by you."

No matter who you are
No matter where you go in life,
You gonna need somebody to stand by you.

No matter how much money you got
Or the friends you got
You gonna need somebody to stand by you.



When the night has come,

and the land is dark
And that moon is the only light we've seen.

No I won't be afraid,
No I won't shed one tear

Just as long as you people come and stand by me.

Darling, Darling,
Stand by me, Stand by me.
Stand, Stand, Stand by me.

When that sky that we look upon,
Well, should tumble and fall,
All the mountains they just crumble into the sea.

I won't cry, I won't cry,
No, I won't shed a tear.
Just as long as you stand, stand by me.

Darling, Darling
Stand by me, Stand by me
Please stand, stand by me, stand by me.
Stand by me, Stand by me, stand by me.



Day 83. Dollar 83. Pound 83. As we connect the world through song on these Musical Mondays, we, too, hope to break down the boundaries between the fed and the hungry, overcoming the distances between the neighbor hunger deserts and the local hunger oasis, transcending and uniting as one human race to fight hunger in practical, sustainable ways. The Psalmist reminds us of the refuge we can find in God - the strength we gain by Standing by Him, our ever-present help in trouble. (Psalm 46) We are playing for change in this world - change that will nourish, change that will bring hope, change that will bless.

From the award-winning documentary, "Playing For Change: Peace Through Music", comes the first of many "songs around the world" being released independently. Featured is a cover of the Ben E. King classic by musicians around the world adding their part to the song as it travelled the globe. Watch the Video of "Stand by Me" from Playing for Change below:


No comments:

Post a Comment